Saturday, November 17, 2007

Wink at Ruth

Have you ever asked yourself about why the longest home run you can do is 575ft? I think that I found out. I was reading the wikipedia home run entry and I found something interesting about the longest home run verified in the MLB to this date. It was a home run hits by Babe Ruth and it was measured at 575ft exactly.
"The longest verifiable home run distance is about 575 feet (175 m), by Babe Ruth, to straightaway center field at Tiger Stadium, which landed nearly across the intersection of Trumbull and Cherry."
I think that this is not only a coincidence that in KGJPMLB you can't hit a home run over 575ft. It's just a wink at Ruth's mythic hits! "No body can beat the ultimate home run made by Ruth. We, the programmers, will not made possible the hitting of a 576ft's home run. No." By the way, in the game, the "575ft-home-run-hit" is not happening rarely. In my "career" I actually made some with little boy like Island or Queen, for the Yanks. The computer made some against me too. But it's so nice to see that ball exiting the ballpark at that speed! Next time, I will have a thought about you, Ruth, haha!


No comments: